[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 483: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 483: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 112: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 112: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4688: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3823)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4690: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3823)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4691: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3823)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4692: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3823)
7000 BC Forums • View topic - Pacific Rim... worth watching?

Pacific Rim... worth watching?

Talk about anything here! Comics, literature, life... anything goes!

Pacific Rim... worth watching?

Postby Droakir » Tue Aug 27, 2013 5:30 pm

Howdy folks!

The movie Pacific Rim is coming to the dollar theater pretty soon, and I was wondering... has anybody seen it? And if so, is it worth watching?

Cheers!

-N
Droakir
Site Admin

Re: Pacific Rim... worth watching?

Postby Godzilla » Tue Aug 27, 2013 5:52 pm

YES.

In my opinion, Pacific Rim is the perfect movie. It was beautiful and action packed, and presented a very well crafted world in an exciting way. Also, although it doesn't pass the Bechdel test, the female lead is independent and strong, except for one scene which was so unnecessary it made me want to scream.
Godzilla

Postby John Myers » Tue Aug 27, 2013 6:19 pm

I liked it. The slow bits are slow, but the action sequences are some my favorites I have seen in years. Plus Guillermo Del Toro's effects design is great no matter what the project.

Twitter: @JohnTypodMary
John Myers
Board Member

Postby Droakir » Wed Aug 28, 2013 12:04 am

Droakir
Site Admin

Postby Pete_Z » Wed Aug 28, 2013 9:48 am

I think you would dig it! I felt it really knew what kind of movie it was and excelled at it. The effects were top notch by todays standards and because of that when I watched RIPD a few days later the effects felt less blended into the live action.

Pete_Z
Board Member

Postby John Myers » Wed Aug 28, 2013 9:51 am

Pete's point about it "knowing what kind of movie it is" is a good one. Pacific Rim understands what kind of story telling it excels at and sticks with it.

Twitter: @JohnTypodMary
John Myers
Board Member

Postby Droakir » Wed Aug 28, 2013 10:00 am

Well that's certainly good to know! Looks like I'm going to have to head to the theater soon and check out the show. How was RIPD?
Droakir
Site Admin

Postby Pete_Z » Fri Aug 30, 2013 8:59 am

R.I.P.D.
Jeff Bridges had some funny moments I thought.
It felt similar to Men In Black.
I thought it was ok over all and had some really funny moments with Jeff Bridges and even James Hong.
I usually don't card for Ryan Reynolds, but if Jeff Bridges wasn't in it I would have passed on watching it.
Kevin Bacon plays a good sleazeball.
✮✮✮☆☆
3 out of 5 stars

Kick-Ass 2 on the other hand! Holy KAARRRRAP!
If you liked the first one I think you'll like the 2nd.
I'll keep it vague and not spoil anything.
I might have liked it more then the first movie.
Of course it was violent but less violent then the comics.
Other wise it might have been content rated NC-17.
Somethings were changed but I dug it still.
✮✮✮✮☆
4 out of 5 stars

Pacific Rim (Thoughts on Pacific Rim on previous post)
✮✮✮✮☆
4 out of 5 stars

Pete_Z
Board Member

Postby Pete_Z » Fri Aug 30, 2013 9:34 am

I'm pumped for !

Pete_Z
Board Member

Postby Pete_Z » Fri Aug 30, 2013 9:43 am

Pete_Z