Script for Auberti

Have a script or a story you're working on? Talk about anything writing related here!

Script for Auberti

Postby Dim » Mon Oct 26, 2015 5:13 pm

Hey all!

I'm not sure if this page gets much used but I figured I'd give it a shot anyway because it beats the looks of abject terror I receive when I tell my friends I have a script. I am currently working on a 12ish page single issue comic called Auberti. Auberti brings together legendary histories and modern scholarship to tell a story of angels, madness, and surgery. Currently, the script is broken down into rough sections and I have a general idea of where I will need to put page turns but I didn't want to go much further than that before I knew if the story is even coherent or not. This is my first real project and as such I am still learning. Any feed back on the draft would be greatly appreciated. If you have anything you would like feedback on, I would be happy to return the favor.

Let me know what you think!

DIM

Link to Auberti: https://docs.google.com/document/d/113y ... sp=sharing
Dim
Lurker

Re: Script for Auberti

Postby bramjm » Thu Oct 29, 2015 5:02 pm

Thanks for sharing.

Thought it was understandable, interested in how you translate it to a comic.

I generally recommend that writers draw it out — even if it's just stick figures — at actual size with the text lettered in. You'll get a better sense of what's possible and what works well in the medium and, in some cases, what it's physically possible to fit and show.

And you get to see how time plays out and what that does to the story. Part II, for a quick example — having one splash page with all that text would give you a different feel from a couple pages of irregularly sized panels with one character speaking in each would give you a different feel from stretching that out over six pages of a regular grid, with pauses and reactions.

Doesn't have to be something you show anyone, but gives you an idea of how it could work, and how you might want to write for your artist,
bramjm
Board Member

Re: Script for Auberti

Postby Dim » Wed Nov 04, 2015 12:26 pm

Thank you Bramjm!

I appreciate the feedback. I have started working on the panel descriptions and page layout. I'll post it when I finish. I have also recently started drawing my own super short comics so that I can get a feel from what goes into panel composition and other aspects of visual story telling and it looks like I have a lot to learn.

Thanks again,

DIM
Dim
Lurker

Return to Writer's Corner